What once looked like a partial concrete and metal skeleton is now coming to life as Ballymore's exciting future at the National Rugby Training Centre.
Lead contractors Buildcorp made strong progress through December and January with the installation of door frames, plus internal and ceiling framings also taking shape with concrete polishing and cladding adding greater internal detail to the new home for Queensland Rugby.
The spaces for the indoor skills area, gym and dressing rooms for men, women and the Buildcorp Reds Academy now have more identity in their distinct areas, with the
The expansive concourse at the top of the grandstand creates a vista of progress and space, while the construction phase is both indoors and outdoors where installation of the four light towers for Field 3 have now been fully installed.
In addition, drainage to the upgraded field continues as part of the $26 million project which will not only create a world-class training centre but add a valuable piece to Brisbane's 2032 Olympics infrastructure.
- Wall tiling and floor epoxy complete to the Northern Stadium amenities
- Concrete floor finish complete to ground floor store rooms
- Wall framing complete to the plant deck
- Installation of ceiling framing commenced on ground level
- Delivery of both lifts to site
- Installation of ground floor door frames commenced
- Concrete floor finish complete to ground floor AV/IT room and medical room
- Walls set and sanded to the Southern Stadium amenities
- Formwork commenced to the recovery pools infill slabs
- Temporary power works for the Main Switchboard changeover complete
- Installation of concrete footpaths underneath seating
- Delivery of the Field 3 goal posts
- Perimeter roof nosing works commenced
- Caulking and patching complete to all precast concrete elements
- Continued drainage to Field 3