The Queensland Reds have confirmed their 41-man Super Rugby Pacific squad for the 2024 season.
In what is Les Kiss’ first playing squad in charge at Ballymore, 14 players with international experience have been named, including 11 Wallabies, All Blacks pairing Alex Hodgman and Jeffery Toomaga-Allen and Fijian international Peni Ravai.
The squad features three players who have not debuted for Queensland – Joe Brial, Frankie Goldsbrough and Hodgman – as well as an additional 10 players who are uncapped at Super Rugby level for the Reds.
Nine players have represented Queensland over 50 times, while the squad brings 1224 combined games of Super Rugby experience with an average age of 24-years-old.
Kiss said: “We’ve named a well-balanced squad for the 2024 Super Rugby season.
“We identified key positions where we needed to bring in some experience and we’ve done that heading into next year.
“Our squad boasts 14 players who have represented their country and nine who have played over 50 times for Queensland. They’ll all bring their own expertise to our squad on-and-off the field.
“We’ve also selected a number of players coming into their first season of Super Rugby who will no doubt bring enthusiasm and energy to the group.
“There is work to do when pre-season starts in December and myself and the new coaching staff are excited to see where we can go as a squad.”
Queensland kick off their 2024 campaign with a blockbuster clash against the New South Wales Waratahs at Suncorp Stadium on Saturday 24 February.
Secure your 2024 Reds membership via https://bit.ly/46FR3BF.
Queensland Reds 2024 Squad
- George Blake – Bond University
- Massimo de Lutiis – Easts
- Sef Fa'agase – Sunnybank
- Alex Hodgman – Sunnybank
- Zane Nonggorr – Bond University
- Peni Ravai – Easts
- Jeffery Toomaga-Allen – Norths
- Richie Asiata – Easts
- Max Craig – Easts
- Matt Faessler – Brothers
- Josh Nasser – University of Queensland
- Angus Blyth – Bond University
- Cormac Daly – TBC
- Taine Roiri – Sunnybank
- Ryan Smith – Brothers
- Connor Vest – University of Queensland
- Connor Anderson – Wests
- Joe Brial – TBC
- John Bryant – Souths
- Fraser McReight – Brothers
- Harry Wilson – Brothers
- Liam Wright – Easts
- Seru Uru – Wests
- Tate McDermott – University of Queensland
- Kalani Thomas – University of Queensland
- Louis Werchon – Wests
- Lawson Creighton – Brothers
- Tom Lynagh – University of Queensland
- Harry McLaughlin-Phillips – Souths
- James O'Connor – Brothers
- Taj Annan – Souths
- Josh Flook – Brothers
- Frankie Goldsbrough – Easts
- Isaac Henry – Wests
- Hunter Paisami – Wests
- Floyd Aubrey – GPS
- Jock Campbell – University of Queensland
- Mac Grealy – University of Queensland
- Jordan Petaia – Wests
- Tim Ryan – Brothers
- Suliasi Vunivalu – Wests
*denotes uncapped for Queensland **denotes uncapped for Queensland at Super Rugby level