The Queensland Reds Development XV and President’s XV sides have been named ahead of this Saturday’s final Queensland Rugby Challenger Series clash at Norths Rugby Club.
Reds head coach Brad Thorn has made a number of changes to his 23, with Josh Flook to make his return from a lengthy injury lay-off in the centres and 19-year-old Tom Lynagh set to start at flyhalf.
Thorn’s President’s XV counterpart Simon Craig has also made several alterations to his line-up, with UQ standout Kye Oates switching to fullback and the experienced Tayler Adams steering the ship in the number-10 jersey.
The match will be played at Shaw Road's Hugh Courtney Oval, with the Reds outfit looking to make it two-from-two after claiming a 57-24 win in the opening fixture.
Queensland Reds head coach Brad Thorn said: "The first game of the Challenger Series was a huge success.
"The game was fast and entertaining. We saw plenty of talent on display at Sunnybank. It's great to have rep footy back in Queensland.
"The President's XV pushed us hard. They'll go to a new level on Saturday and we're looking forward to the challenge.
"We need to build on our performance this week. It's an exciting time for all players involved with the tour to Japan coming up.”
President’s XV head coach Simon Craig said: “It was great to have our first hit-out as a team over the weekend.
“There were plenty of positives from our performance and we’ll be better for it this Saturday.
“It’s another great opportunity for our players to showcase their skills. In a short time, we’ve built a strong bond and everyone is excited to play together again.”
GPS’ Ratu Vio Batibasaga and Bond University openside Connor Pritchard start in a new-look backrow for the President’s side, seeing vice-captain Pat Morrey shift to lock alongside Zac Shepherd.
Sam Hyne will play his first match of the series on the wing, while the versatile Tom Lucas earns a start at outside centre.
For the Reds, Cooper Whiteside and Taine Roiri move into the XV at wing and blindside flanker respectively, with Mac Grealy making the switch from fullback to inside-centre.
Floyd Aubrey will take his spot at the back, as Dane Zander and George Blake are elevated into the starting frontrow.
The match will be live-streamed via the Reds Rugby Facebook page, with kick-off set for 3:00pm at Norths Rugby Club. The Reds U15s and U16s team will also face a touring Fijian team, the Suva Select Covenant Brothers at 12:00pm and 1:30pm respectively.
Queensland Reds Development XV v Queensland Rugby President’s XV | Norths Rugby Club | Saturday 15 October | 3:00pm AEST
Queensland Reds Development XV
- Dane Zander | University of Queensland
- George Blake | Bond University | Gold Coast
- Zane Nonggorr | Bond University | Gold Coast
- Wilson Blyth | Bond University | Gold Coast
- Angus Blyth (c) | Bond University | Gold Coast
- Taine Roiri | Easts
- Connor Anderson | Wests
- Sam Wallis | University of Queensland
- Kalani Thomas | University of Queensland
- Tom Lynagh | University of Queensland
- Joey Fittock | Bond University | Gold Coast
- Mac Grealy | University of Queensland | Darling Downs
- Josh Flook | Brothers
- Cooper Whiteside | Wests
- Floyd Aubrey | GPS | Cherbourg
- Matt Faessler | Brothers | Darling Downs
- Sef Fa’agase | University of Queensland | Beaudesert
- Phransis Sula-Siaosi | Souths
- Keynan Tauakipulu | Wests
- Tom Milosevic | Easts
- Spencer Jeans | Bond University | Gold Coast
- Lawson Creighton | Brothers
- Conor Chittenden | Norths
- Levi Samuela | Bond University | Gold Coast
- Ethan Dobbins | Wests
- Latu Talakai | Wests
- Zac Shepherd | Easts
- Pat Morrey (vc) | University of Queensland | Far North Queensland
- Connor Pritchard | Bond University | Gold Coast
- Alex Smit | Easts | Far North Queensland
- Ratu Vio Batibasaga | GPS
- Eli Pilz (c) | Easts | Sunshine Coast
- Tayler Adams | Brothers
- Ben Navosailagi | Wests
- Tom Lucas | Sunnybank | Central Queensland
- Dan Boardman | Bond University | Gold Coast
- Sam Hyne | Brothers
- Kye Oates | University of Queensland | Darling Downs
- Liam Usher | Wests
- JP Tominiko | Easts
- Rhys Sheriff | Bond University | Gold Coast
- Jake Upfield | Bond University | Gold Coast
- Jonte Connolly | Brothers | Caboolture
- Louis Werchon | Brothers | Sunshine Coast
- Brad Twidale | University of Queensland | Darling Downs
- Tyler Campbell | Bond University | Gold Coast